It's a good book, but it's not my Typee...

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Eclectic

Looking over books I've read this year, I can't help but notice the wide variation in my chosen reading material.

I've read plays: Shakespeare to Beckett,
Mysteries: Jill Paton Walsh to Peter James
Weighty fiction: Fitzgerald to Nabokov
Frothy fiction: Confessions of a Shopaholic to Confessions of the Sullivan Sisters
Nonfiction: The World is Flat to Secret Lives of Great Filmmakers

My reading choices fall into three major categories: Fiction about women, religious books, and vampire literature. Needless to say, Anne Rice is one of my favorite authors. Her books almost invariably involve all three of my favorite topics. Even though her main characters are often male, her fiction is written in a lush, ornately feminine voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment