It's a good book, but it's not my Typee...

Thursday, February 16, 2012

She's baaaaack

I am a huge Anne Rice fan.

A while ago, I noticed on Twitter that the glorious Ms. Rice was talking about watching a lot of werewolf movies. "Mark my words," I said to my boyfriend (let's call him Will). "Anne Rice is going to write a book about werewolves." Will's response was "Um...ok."

One thing I love about Anne Rice is her passion for her topics. If she is going to write a book, she researches it thoroughly and immerses herself in the details, which is why all the werewolf-themed tweets tipped me off to her next move. I've probably also missed several articles and press releases about her new book which would have alerted me. But this way, I get to feel proud of my perception. Because it turns out I'm right.

The Wolf Gift
is Anne Rice's new book about, you guessed it (but we'll pretend I did first) WEREWOLVES!

This is very exciting as it is closer to the subject of Rice's best works, which are about vampires, witches and demons. My favorite Anne Rice character will always be The Vampire Lestat, but I'm sure her new work will not disappoint.

The Wolf Gift was published on February 14, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment